|Shelter Locations Map||Public Shelter Rules|
|What To Bring|
Shelter locations map
Locate a shelter closest to your home to know where to find refuge in the event of an emergency.
What to bring
Each person is asked to bring the following to a shelter:
- 3-4 days supply of food and drink that does not need cooking.
- Can opener.
- 3-4 days supply of water (one gallon per day per person).
- First aid kit that includes prescription medications.
- Special needs items for infants (formula, bottles, and diapers, etc).
- Special needs items for elderly or disabled family members.
- If you have small children, do not forget to bring at least one of their favourite foods (e.g., breakfast cereal) and something to keep them occupied.
- Bedding (sleeping bags, pillows).
- Battery-powered radio, flashlight and extra batteries.
- A change of clothes.
- Extra set of car keys, credit cards, cash.
- Passports and important family papers.
- Reading materials and quiet games to help pass time and keep children occupied.
- Car charger for your cell phone.
Public Shelter Rules
- No pets/ animals
- No smoking
- No illegal drugs or alcohol
- No cooking (stoves)
- No weapons, knives, blades
- (including Swiss army knife/ multi purpose tool)
- No loud noise of any kind
- No abuse of any kind
- All persons are expected to contribute to the
- cleanliness and sanitation of the shelter
- Doors are locked at 9pm
- All conflicts must be reported to shelter staff
- All persons must sign in and out at all times